Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jacob's letter


Dear Saidie,
I can't wait to meet you.  Your picture is so cute and your smile is so friendly.  I am already an older brother to Joe and Maimie, so I am ready for you.  It didn't take long to teach Maimie how to play video games or get her excited about Star Trek, so I don't think it will take long for you either.  I want to help you learn to speak like us (though that isn't always a good thing).
You won't have trouble fitting in here.  There's always Maimie and numerous other out-of-country adoptees.  Just trust God and know that through thick and thin, He will always love you.  I will try to model that in my relationship with you, but will sometimes fall short. (That's my spiel.)

Love,
Jacob
(your new brother)

Jacob also wrote a letter to Maimie before we traveled to meet her.  To read Jacob's letter to Maimie, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment