Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today

It's been a whirlwind week here at our house with our big "referral/letter seeking confirmation" news.  I've finally been able to post photos of our new little sweetie, here.   In general, it's been a week of getting back in the school/activities groove.  But today, I'm just relaxing ("full-axing" as Maimie puts it).  My youngest daughter has been on my mind a lot this week.  I'm happy and excited and oh, so ready to jump in a plane and go meet the little cutie.




Perhaps tomorrow I'll think about the room that I've not finished decorating, or the enormous cost of plane tickets for 7 people, or the medical issues we will have to deal with soon, or even the difficulties associated with toddler adoptions. But today...no not today.




Today I plan to just gaze at my new daughter's photos.  And to think of all the wonderful times we will soon share.  Today I will daydream of holding her hand on an evening walk, of smooching her pudgy little cheeks, of stories on my lap, of tutus and teaparties, of baby dolls and lightning bugs, of hairbows and ice cream cones, of Bible stories and nursery rhymes, of sweet bedtime prayers and early morning snuggles, of singing silly songs and painting little piggie toes.






Ni Hao Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment