Monday, August 23, 2010

How can I be Motivated....

I have recently bought this Pattern & I am so Keen to get it started BUT...I have been in a Dilemma over Fabrics...never been keen on Brights since I started patchwork many years ago but have started to like them more since blogging really after being so Inspired by other's...I have joined this blog...Glorious Applique
which has got me started on looking for fabrics...hmmm after looking on the net most of the weekend I am still not clear on what I want to use...I'm more of a 'Amy Butler & Heather Bailey' type of brights....not so much a lot of Kaffe which is what most people are using ..each of us Are individuals when it comes to our choice in fabrics and I always like to be a little different....the thing that I always procastinate about is how is it going to look in the end compared to the original pattern....I'm sure I'm not alone here...I worry mostly about Mixing fabrics from different Designers....this process always drags me down and takes me Ages to get that Yep feeling...Unfortunately we have only ONE yes One patchwork shop left here on the Gold Coast...I know hard to believe isn't it...when I first moved here in 2001 there were at least 7 shops...all gone...Brisbane have a lot more but that means we have to travel a fair distance to get to them...just goes to show how many of us buy our fabrics online....another reason why I can't get Motivated is my so called "sewing Room".... This is the state of my so called room as of this morning.....how could one feel like sewing with all this mess.....yes DS has delivered some boxes & yes we have been given the go ahead & Yes today I will be packing.....Thursday I pick the keys up.....

ah yes this is my Creative Space...lol..one can only laugh at this point...but I can see light at the end of the tunnel & I have a Lovely new Sewing Room all looking pretty & clean ....In My Mind!!
Tomorrow I am having Time Out...I will be back with some pics from my LPS...hope I find what I am looking for...
Have a Productive Day..
..Thanks for stopping by.....Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment