Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting things done...


Finally getting a start on the quilting of the Wedding Quilt...I'm finding the backing fabric from Ikea is quite thickish & struggling a bit pushing through the machine ...only due to the weight..it has become quite heavy...will be warm that's for sure...not too good on my shoulders so will watch out next time I purchase from Ikea...I'm still a Learner with stippling but hey I'm happy with it and that's the main thing....
I nominated myself to help out with the Wedding Bouqets...this is what I've done so far...the Bride is having the Pink one ...the colour theme for the wedding is pink & brown...Noice.
Unfortunately things have taken it's toll here since we have been back with the coming & goings of DD ..settling back on the Gold Coast..looking for work etc... I had a bit of a Meltdown yesterday..in a Blubbering mess...I've been quite Low since last week ..very drained & lethargic...I didn't want to go onto medication for my Arthritic Shoulders but I think I'm at the stage of having too...being back in High Care work has not helped either so I am looking again for a Low Care facility where there is No Lifting....
I'm feeling much better this morning & DD is coming to do my Hair....I tried on the top that I had bought for the wedding and it is too small even though I have lost 2 dress sizes..I bought the smaller size thinking it would be ok...so that was the Icing on the cake yesterday...lol.now I'm out shopping again...buying the right outfit for Mother of the Groom is very Important for me I always like to look my best....
Sorry for venting but I do feel better for it and this is 'My Journal'....When you are always a Giver sometimes not getting back can affect you..I think that's what has happened with me...I know I always Give but not always getting back what I think I Deserve.....
cheers for now
..Thanks for stopping by.....Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment